Easy Access to Key West Activities
Soak up the Caribbean-inspired culture of our lovely tropical island with visits to Key West icons such as the Green Parrot Bar (featuring live music on the weekends) and the Hemingway Home. Wander the shops and galleries of Duval Street, and you'll understand what drew figures like Ernest Hemingway to the easygoing Conch Republic. Visit famous sites such as Fort Zachary Taylor or Mile Marker 0. Contact us to assist planning any of your outings. We would be happy to assist with answering any questions and making suggestions to make your island getaway complete!
Let Us Help Plan Your Day
Our front desk staff has years of experience in Key West, and can direct you to our favorite local bars, restaurants, art galleries, shopping, and historic sites. We will make reservations for you to snorkel, kayak in the mangrove channels, or relax on an evening sunset sail. Some excursions are popular and book up quickly, like the daily ferry to the Dry Tortugas, so contact us in advance and reserve your seats!
Explore Key West on The Duval Loop
Take advantage of this FREE bus route that runs from the Gulf to the Atlantic adjacent to Key West’s world-famous main street lined with shops, bars, and restaurants. The Duval Loop allows you to hop on and off at your leisure. Whether it’s a night of partying or a day filled with shopping and sightseeing, The Duval Loop is the answer.
The bus route runs every 15 minutes 10am-midnight, and every 30 minutes 6am-10am.
Take a Walk on the Wild Side
Key West is a place like no other in Florida, and that unique atmosphere extends to the local “wildlife” as well. It’s not uncommon to see roosters and even the occasional iguana hanging out with the tourists and locals, but don’t worry! It’s all part of the local charm!
In addition to our scaly and feathered friends, Coco Plum Inn has also adopted a “hotel cat” by the name of Kitty Kitty. Our resident cat can be seen roaming the gardens or lounging on the porches, and she always has time for visiting (especially if you bring her a treat). She’s very friendly and she’ll follow you anywhere, but her favorite place to relax is in the patches of sun in the garden.
Whether you're here for arts and culture or the tropical atmosphere, the Coco Plum Inn puts you a short walk from the Key West Theater, Mile Marker 0, and the Key West Amphitheater. Find the southernmost point of the continental US and the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory a short drive away.
- Duval Street: 0.1 miles
- US 1 Mile Marker 0: 0.1 miles
- Tropic Cinema: 0.3 miles - read their COVID policy here
- The Key West Theater: 0.3 miles
- Mallory Square: 0.4 miles
- Key West Aquarium: 0.4 miles - read their COVID policy here
- Truman Waterfront Park Amphitheater: 0.5 miles
- 7 Artists and Friends: 0.5 miles
- Southernmost Point of the Continental U.S.: 0.6 miles
- The Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory: 0.7 miles
- The Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden (perfect wedding or special event venue): 4.5 miles
Historical Sites and Parks
From the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, you'll find plenty of things to do. Key West is filled with museums and parks that highlight the unique culture and history of our island. Learn about Papa Hemingway at the Hemingway Home just down the street from our inn.
- Hemingway Home: 0.2 miles
- Oldest House & Garden Museum: 0.3 miles
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum: 0.4 miles
- Custom House: 0.5 miles
- Key West Shipwreck Museum: 0.5 miles - read their COVID update here
- Truman Little White House: 0.5 miles - read their COVID update here
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park: 0.7 miles
- Key West Firehouse Museum: 0.9 miles
- Fury Water Adventures: 0.3 miles
- South Beach: 0.7 miles
- Higgs Beach: 1.5 miles
- Edward B. Knight Pier: 1.7 miles
- Smathers Beach: 2.8 miles